Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Scarf That Will Make Everything Better

Once I finished straightening my needles out (I took pictures and may post a tutorial at some point) after yesterday's frogging fracas, I cast on a Pogona shawl using some mystery purple yarn I uncovered in my stash a month or two ago. It's a belated birthday present for one of my friends. So far, it's going quite nicely. The pattern is very well-written and clear, and I'm really loving the design. Definitely worth the money, and I'll probably knit one for myself once this one is finished.

I'm only about six inches or so in, so I have quite a bit to go:



But I think I'll finish it rather quickly, as the Hello Kitty blanket will almost certainly be completed tomorrow.

Crafting aside, LOOK AT HOW GIGANTIC MY CAT IS. Matt took both of them to the vet last week to get their second round of vaccinations, and Cataclysm (pictured here) weighs 8.2 pounds and Catastrophe (off throwing up hair ties somewhere [seriously, I've stepped in cold cat puke TWICE this week and I'm about to give Matt permission to eat her.]) weighs in at 6.2 pounds. He's always had about that much size on her, even when we first got them, so my prediction that he'll be average-sized as an adult while she'll stay little is most likely correct. I still can't believe how much he's grown in the four months we've had him.

No comments:

Post a Comment