Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to the Daily Whatever

I had a really good time in Nashville. I stayed with my role model, and got a chance to visit some of my favorite places. It was great, but now I'm kind of bummed out that all of my friends live varying degrees of far away: Boston, Miami, Nashville, Chattanooga, Baltimore, New Orleans, Seattle, Austin, New York, and so on. It goes with the territory of attending a private college that attracts a lot of out-of-state students, having high-achieving friends who do things like go to law or medical school, and moving around a lot oneself. It's nice to go on trips to see them because I love to travel, but I think it would be better if I could see them more often.

Now that I am home, feeling nice and refreshed, it's back to the daily grind of working, volunteering, freaking out because I still haven't heard whether or not I got into the graduate program I applied to, and negotiating with Matt about the proper distribution of coathangers (I am hogging them, but I know that if I put my sweaters away, it will get cold again). The usual.

As far as this blog goes, I have a lot of catching up to do. Most of that's writing book reviews; I've got five books that I have finished that need a post and another two or three that are pretty close to being done. I'm probably going to keep some of them in draft form as a reserve for when I (inevitably) get busy later this year, so I'll still have content. Beyond that, I'm really far behind on the posting about cooking front. I'll be catching up later this week and early next week, as I have just acquired the new Bon Appetit and there are several recipes I'd like to make from it. Last, March is Women's History Month, so I'll try to write about that, as well.

That's about it for now. Off to start working on those book reviews and compose a gigantic grocery list (I leave town for three days and come back to no food in the house)!

No comments:

Post a Comment