Monday, November 22, 2010

Multitasking Dangerously

Things I am doing right now:
  1. Making risotto (red pepper, onions, goat cheese, and turmeric)
  2. Drinking wine (the sauvignon blanc mentioned in the previous entry)
  3. IM-ing old friends from Vanderbilt
  4. Contemplating my fickle nature
  5. Blogging about the above.
It figures that as soon as I acquire the time to read for fun, I run out of things that I'm really hankering to read. So, in honor of the seventh Harry Potter movie finally coming out, I am re-reading the books. Granted, I went ahead and saw the movie last night because I was anxious to see how true it was to the books after the hot mess that was the sixth installment. I was very pleased; it followed the book more or less exactly and went at a (thankfully) much quicker pace. The only things that gave me pause were the previews: I'm not sure how I feel about Ryan Reynolds playing the Green Lantern. He was awesome as Deadpool in the Wolverine movie (in fact, he was the only thing about that movie that didn't suck ass), but I'm not sure if I can get behind the whole goofy duuuuuuuuuudebroooooo type as Green Lantern. Not every actor/superhero match can be as awesome as Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark, I guess.

I am also looking forward to Tron, though I can't help but wonder what they'll remake next. The Neverending Story, perhaps? It's one of those movies that I loved as a kid, but hasn't really aged well.

I'll end with a pro-tip: the trick to seeing lots of children's movies without losing your mind is to go to the latest possible showing on a school night. Matt and I went to the 9 PM showing of Deathly Hallows yesterday (Sunday) and there was nothing but other twentysomething couples there. Nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment