I may have finally hit the wall on the Runaround Bag front, which is probably a good thing as I am sick to death of bias tape. I'm pretty much convinced that it's Satan's toilet paper.
I finished the bag on the right last week. Like the first Runaround I made, both the exterior and interior fabrics are duck cloth. Unlike the first Runaround I made, I didn't bother interfacing the exterior. As it turns out, it wasn't necessary; the duck cloth is sturdy enough on its own.
The bag on the left was finished on Wednesday. I used cotton fabric from Waechter's (my favorite fabric store around here) for it. Since I tend to be pretty hard on my bags and use them to carry things like books and my eee pad, I decided to interface both the exterior and the lining. It took forever and was kind of a pain in the ass, but I'm really glad I did it. I think it'll hold up a lot better this way.
I also finally figured out how to sew in a zipper! I've been avoiding it for an embarrassing length of time, but decided to suck it up and bite the bullet when I was putting this bag together. Also featured: a pocket for my cell phone and pens, because I hate how those things always seem to fall to the very bottom, underneath two heavy books, a knitting project, my wallet, and my eee pad.
Next on the agenda: a few envelope clutches by the same person who designed the Runaround Bag. I've already read through the instructions, and while they're way more involved than those for these bags, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to achieve some nice results.