Friday, April 13, 2012

FO Friday: A bag for me!

My runaround bag is finished! Yay! I'm really happy with it, especially since I had to learn a few new techniques to make it. I'd never used interfacing before (in retrospect, it probably wasn't necessary since the fabric I chose was more heavy-duty than the quilter's cotton used in the original), and I'm not super great at gathering stitches. I also used bias tape for the first time, and while I should probably rip it out and re-do it, I'm pretty pleased with the first attempt. Yay me, and yay new bag!

It matches my favorite red shirt for the summer perfectly.

I'm probably going to make a few more, but they will be sans pleat-- I don't like how narrow it makes the top of the bag. It makes fishing stuff out of the bottom more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment