Saturday, December 25, 2010

2011 Knitting Challenges

I'm doing two knitting challenges next year.

The first is 11 Shawls in 2011. I'm almost done with my tenth for this year's challenge, and I have enough yarn for at least 9 projects next year:

  1. Lacey Lamb for an Aeolian
  2. HandPaintedYarn.com laceweight for a Citron
  3. Malabrigo Lace for an Echo Flower
  4. Berrocco Ultra Alpaca Light for a 198 Yards of Heaven
  5. Noro Sekku for a Swiss Cheese Scarf*
  6. Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveller for an Annis
  7. Zauberball (in blue!) for a mashup shawl that will feature a Lazy Katy body and an Aeolian edging
  8. Malabrigo Lace for a Wisp for me, which will be 100% black
  9. Mystery Purple Yarn (I have no idea what it is or where it came from) that will become a Pogona
That's just off the top of my head. I may have more in my stash.

This brings me to my second challenge, 111 in 2011. The idea isn't to make 111 new projects in a year, but to finish up languishing works in progress as well as use up neglected stash yarn. I doubt that I'll be able to complete that many projects, the aforementioned shawls and all of my mostly-completed works-in-progress included, but aiming high is good, right? I'm also tired of having so much random yarn laying around. No more! From here on in, I'm on a yarn diet until my stash is of a reasonable size. 

*The line between scarves, stoles, and shawls is often blurry. I maintain that a laceweight anything that involves over 500 yards of yarn should count for my purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment