The first is 11 Shawls in 2011. I'm almost done with my tenth for this year's challenge, and I have enough yarn for at least 9 projects next year:
- Lacey Lamb for an Aeolian
- HandPaintedYarn.com laceweight for a Citron
- Malabrigo Lace for an Echo Flower
- Berrocco Ultra Alpaca Light for a 198 Yards of Heaven
- Noro Sekku for a Swiss Cheese Scarf*
- Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveller for an Annis
- Zauberball (in blue!) for a mashup shawl that will feature a Lazy Katy body and an Aeolian edging
- Malabrigo Lace for a Wisp for me, which will be 100% black
- Mystery Purple Yarn (I have no idea what it is or where it came from) that will become a Pogona
That's just off the top of my head. I may have more in my stash.
This brings me to my second challenge, 111 in 2011. The idea isn't to make 111 new projects in a year, but to finish up languishing works in progress as well as use up neglected stash yarn. I doubt that I'll be able to complete that many projects, the aforementioned shawls and all of my mostly-completed works-in-progress included, but aiming high is good, right? I'm also tired of having so much random yarn laying around. No more! From here on in, I'm on a yarn diet until my stash is of a reasonable size.
*The line between scarves, stoles, and shawls is often blurry. I maintain that a laceweight anything that involves over 500 yards of yarn should count for my purposes.