Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Short List of Retractions

I am occasionally wrong about things:

  1. There are some acceptable pumpkin-flavored beverages. They are known as "beers" and contain alcohol.
  2. Naomi Wolfe, as my friend Lauren Riot said, has lost her goddamn mind. I always had a love/hate relationship with Wolfe, but now she's squarely in PagliaLand ("Where feminists who spend 90% of their time hating on other women go"). 
  3. Red and green can look good together. Evidence: the Hello Kitty blanket my stepmother made me for Christmas. I LOVE it. 
  4. It is possible to consume unsweetened tea without dying of the awful taste (but said tea needs to be hot).
  5. I may be wrong about Sarah Palin being as dumb as a box of rocks. No stupid person can be that effective at saying the most offensive thing possible in a given situation that consistently. (On the other hand, a Christian calling herself a victim of blood libel based on the way supporters of a Jewish politician are behaving? SERIOUSLY?)

No comments:

Post a Comment