Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I bet you're all really tired of hearing about my cats, huh?

Catastrophe went to the vet yesterday morning to have her IV port removed. The vet was pleased with her healing progress, and said that she doesn't have to wear the Cone of Shame as long as someone is watching her to make sure she doesn't try to pull out her staples. He bandaged up her IV leg and sent her home.

She was quite pleased to finally have the opportunity to groom herself and spent the better part of half an hour bathing herself. Of course, as soon as she finished, her attention went to the removal of her staples, so I had to put the Cone of Shame back on her. She was not amused.

Cataclysm is still acting like a weirdo. He hissed and swatted at her even when she wasn't wearing the collar, so I'm not sure what's up with him. Maybe he's afraid of the bandage and staples, too? Or he finds her spectacularly bald belly disconcerting? Either way, I'm starting to worry about whether they'll re-adapt to one another after the staples come out. They were besties before the surgery, and I don't want to have to keep them separated all the time after this.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I hope they do get along again!

    I had never heard of it called the Cone of Shame before...the name makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete