Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recipe of the Week 2011 #12: Pimiento-Style Mac&Cheese

Yet another Bon Appetit baked pasta recipe from the March 2011 issue. The cover promised that it's the BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVAR, and while I liked it quite a bit, there are a few things I'd do differently next time:

  1. Not blend the Peppadew peppers. I like my flavored macaroni with a little more texture.
  2. Use a full-sized box of pasta, and increase the sauce slightly by adding 30% more cheese and maybe some milk. 
  3. Skip the breadcrumbs. I know some people think they're critical on mac and cheese, but I'm not a fan. Mine always seem to get overly hard and crusty.
In better news, you can see the new spice rack Matt made me in the background.I am very enthused about finally having some counter space, even though it didn't earn Matt any points from my dad. Apparently, any sixth-grader can put in a wall spice rack (except for me when I was that age. I would have nailed my fingers together). Fortunately for Matt's Boyfriend Score, he successfully wired and programmed a digital thermostat last night. 

I am hereby finally caught up with my recipe of the week endeavor! Sadly, I'm about eight book reviews behind. Remember how I was going to read nothing but Vanity Fair until I got caught up? I had a seizure in the New Books section of the library and checked out five more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment