Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Recipe of the Week 2011 #15: Dad's Special Rice

Dad gave me the recipe for his special rice ages ago, but I've only recently gotten around to making it. I served it with some cheese, onion, and pepper quesadillas (that were supposed to have acorn squash in them as well, but I screwed up the roasting to a degree so embarrassing I'll not discuss it further). Matt was a fan, of course, but he pretty much likes everything.

Special rice is pretty simple to make; all you need to do is add a cube or two of chicken bouillon to the water, cook the rice as directed, and then add wilted spinach, a can of black beans (rinsed first, of course), a small can of pineapple chunks (drained), and some finely chopped cilantro. It tastes really good, and goes well with a number of dishes. I'll almost certainly make it again. I love anything with spinach in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment