Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recipe of the Week 2011 #16: Alton Brown's Baked Meatballs

I decided to try my hand at a new kind of meatballs tonight. While this recipe relied on my old standards, lamb and beef, it also included pork, spinach, parmesan cheese, and a much lower ratio of eggs and breadcrumbs to meat. Overall, they were pretty tasty, but next time I make these, I'm probably going to use less spinach (roughly half the amount the recipe calls for), not add any salt (the parmesan cheese made them plenty salty),* and more eggs/breadcrumbs in the mix (so they stay glued together better).

* Yet another dietary idiosyncrasy: I taste salt pretty strongly, and don't put much in my food as a result. One of the reasons I dislike corporate restaurant food: all the salt they add to keep it indefinitely freezer and shelf-stable makes it taste like a lightly-flavored salt lick.

No comments:

Post a Comment