Monday, June 6, 2011

FO: Aeolian Shawl

It's finally finished! It took less than a month, but it still feels like forever.

Pattern: Aeolian Shawl by Elizabeth Freeman, available here.
Yarn: malabrigo lace in azul bolita, just over one and a half skeins. Maybe 800 yards?
Needle: US #7
Finished Size:  60" x 30" 
Notes: Since the shawl is modular, I changed the charts up a bit: one set-up chart, then six repeats of the yucca chart, then one agave chart, then one final agave chart, ending with the alternate narrow edging, as I didn't think I had enough to complete the original. I definitely made the right call; the last few rows of the edging and the bind-off eat yarn. 


I'm pretty sad it'll be a while before I can wear it. I got hot just carrying it around and posing it on my arm outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment