Saturday, July 23, 2011

An Assortment of Moving Observations

  • When I said the new house's air conditioning system was inadequate, I may have made the understatement of the year. At 10 PM last night, it was still at 77 F. 
  • The house is largely populated by giant, indigenous dust bunnies. They're everywhere!
  • The previous occupants also left us a half-eaten carton of peach ice cream. I'm not sure if I want it, though...
  • The downside of floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelves: I can't reach the top three shelves.
  • Another downside of having enough space for all of my books: Matt read my high school yearbooks. EMBARRASSING. 
  • At 9:27 AM on Moving Day, everyone but me (who was five minutes away from leaving for work) was asleep. If it affected me, I'd have remarked upon their poor choice of sleeping in and putting off moving until the hottest part of the day, but since I was going to be in the air-conditioning then (I had to work a double), I smirked as I contemplated them hauling furniture up two flights of stairs into the new place.
  • I returned home at 10:30 PM on Moving Day, and all the furniture was still here. That explained a lot, but I still wish I could be smug. 
  • If you are what you eat, I expect my transformation into a giant pizza to happen any moment now .
  • Schrodinger's Move: We can't 100% move until Charter shows up with internet (Matt works in IT, and has to have internet available at the house), and there's no telling when that will happen. You don't know if the van is a cable van until it drives by...
  • Wow, I have a lot of yarn.
  • And fabric.
  • I need a new desk. 
  • My feet hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, the few people I know with AC here in Toronto say they really only get it to around 77-79 with it ;) Also, built-in bookshelves sound fantastic even if you can't reach the top. That, by the way, is where the year books can be hidden!!

    ReplyDelete