Friday, July 15, 2011

FO: Pithy Hat

I've been slowly but surely working through my yarn stash for over a year now, and while it's been slow going due to a giant decrease in the amount of free time I have, I finally feel like I've started to make a dent in it. Small projects like this help a lot; for whatever reason, back when I first started knitting, I bought tons of random, 100-200 yard balls of worsted and dk weight yarn. It's enough yarn for a hat or mittens, but not much else. Here lately, I've been going through ravelry and finding cute hats to make. This is the first in that series.
Pattern: Pithy Hat by Little Turtle Knits
Yarn: Zara Merino Extrafine
Needle: US #4 and US #8
Finished Size:  Head-shaped and slouchy.
Notes: If I make this again, I'll need to go down a few needle sizes for the ribbing. It's a hair too loose. Also, the degree of slouch is largely determined by how aggressively the hat is blocked. I only lightly blocked it, but it could have definitely been made large-slouchier if I'd stretched it more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment