Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sockity Sock!

So, the Overly Cheerful Socks continue. I have finished the gusset and am on the home stretch: the foot, then the toe. I have pretty little feet, so this part of socks always goes fairly quickly. I'm really liking the way they're coming out, even if they are a little OMGBRIGHT.

I've finally come up with a use for my sock scraps: the beekeper's quilt. It'll be a long time coming since I don't knit super fast (and also don't have a whole lot of free time to devote to knitting), but I think it'll look pretty excellent at the end. I'm planning on using self-striping sock yarn for one, and my semisolids/variegateds for a second.

I have a good source for the self-striping yarns, LittleKnits, a retailer that sells discontinued lines and colors at a steep discount. I may also hit up some Ravelry destashes. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to having a new blanket and expanding my collection of knitted socks. They're wonderful for when it's cold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment