- Always be ready to run, and don't wear shoes you can't run in.
- If feminism is the radical notion that women are people, social work is the radical notion that all people have worth (even the bad ones).
- I really hate APA formatting. MLA 4 LYFE!
- Tab is Coke's pink-haired, overly-sweet little sister.
- There is no such thing as a "worried whale."
- Related to the above: paying attention in class is a good thing.
- I am still the Evel Knieval of procrastination (this is probably not a good thing...), as are many of my classmates.
- Utilitarianism can be used to justify basically everything, including telling kids to not drink Mountain Dew because it makes you stupid.
- White kids use way more drugs and drink more than black kids do, but Native American kids abuse substances the most.
- It is generally considered unwise to have your clients mow your lawn for you.
- Do your documentation.
- Living on a casino boat sucks.
- Don't take your work home with you, and don't bring your home with you to work.
- Drug tests are expensive and largely ineffective.
- Kicking puppies is not an appropriate form of self-care.
- And, uh, much, much more.
I'm looking forward to next semester. I finally get to take some electives and am embarking upon my very first internship! Sadly, I am unable to blog about said internship due to the usual confidentiality constraints. Perhaps one day I will write a book.
Anyway, I don't start school again until January 9th, and therefore have an abundance of time in which I can knit, read some frivolous stuff, watch some TV, clean my room, go running, and blog about the same. I've really missed you guys! Hope you haven't stopped reading!