Monday, February 27, 2012

In which I fix my hair, for once.

Another consequence of falling down the Pinterest rabbit hole: I've started fixing my hair again. I wore it like this yesterday: 


The more I do stuff like this, the better I get at things like hiding bobby pins and fixing the back of my hair without a mirror. 

I'm also at something of a crossroads where my hair is concerned. I haven't cut it since November, and the ends are starting to look a little rough. The longest layers are about three or four inches past my shoulders, and I can't decide if I want to keep the length or hack my hair back up to my shoulders, which is the way I've been wearing it for the last year or so. On one hand, I prefer the way long hair looks on me and I can do more awesome hair styles with it. On the other, it's a pain in the ass to maintain and I spend way more money on products to keep it healthy and looking nice. Short hair is way easier to deal with-- unless I need to wear it up, and then it becomes a gigantic pain in its own right. 

Back in the day, I owned a few dolls whose hair would grow if you pulled one arm and could be cranked back into their heads by another. I have no idea what they were called, but I really wish my hair would do that. 

3 comments:

  1. I love long hair on me but that's because I find shorter hair more difficult to deal with. Long just goes in a bun. You look beautiful any way so meh, up to you ;) LOVE the hairstyle, some day maybe I'll learn to do pretty things like that. Uhh... maybe. Someday. I don't have faith in my skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I have a severe addiction to pinterest too and hair stuff.
    I'm a local WNC blogger too!
    It's great to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, my offer to teach you how to fix your hair stands.

    One Girl, it's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete