Friday, November 19, 2010

Victory! (a day late)

I took the GRE yesterday as part of my ongoing quest to obtain a job that does not involve wearing a nametag. I did really well: 710 quantitative, 740 verbal. Not bad for an English major who hasn't taken a new math course since her junior year of high school! This is a huge weight off my shoulders. I really need to start graduate school next year if I'm going to have a shot at a real job by the time I turn (gulp) thirty in 2014, and competitive scores like that will be very helpful.

Now all I have to do is motivate myself to fill out the applications, update my resume, write a touching yet professional personal statement, and wish (for the millionth time) that I'd majored in something more practical the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment