Saturday, March 5, 2011

In Which I Knit with Worsted Weight Yarn

I don't do a lot of that (knitting with needles bigger than US 7-8 makes my hands hurt), but I was recently gifted a giant box o'yarn by a local knitter who was downsizing her stash (thanks again, Emily!) that contained five skeins of Jamieson's Soft Shetland in a light mossy green. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I saw Jared Flood's Juneberry Triangle design, which can be knitted with both light and heavyweight yarn.

I'm using size 8 needles, and though this yarn is more aran than worsted, I still think it will block out nicely once it's finished. So far, I have completed Chart A (leaving B, C, D, and the edging). The way the charts are written, however, I will need to have a printed hard copy in order to knit them without losing my mind. So it's going on hold until tomorrow, or whenever I can get Matt to print it for me. It's looking like it will knit up fairly quickly, which is exciting, even though I likely won't be able to wear it for a while. It seems that spring has arrived early this year (*knock on wood*).

No comments:

Post a Comment