Monday, January 2, 2012

An assortment of plans for reading, knitting, and blogging this year.

My main goal for the blog this year is to update it regularly even when I'm in school. I have decided to accomplish that by post-dating entries. Rather than posting content as I generate it, I'm going to spread it out more evenly. Take book reviews, for example. This year, they'll be posted on Tuesdays. Once I have read 52 books and posted a review for each Thursday of the year, I'll go back and start adding more in between. The same goes for knitting WiP and FO posts.

I'd like to update four times a week: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and one other randomly-selected day.

As far as books go, my ideal is to average one non-school-related book per week. Given that I'll have a little more free time this semester and I'm not planning on taking summer courses, this should be relatively easy to accomplish. I'm also planning on making good use of audiobooks, as I'll be driving down to Western twice a week again this semester. Hopefully, I'll be able to carpool again.

I mentioned my knitting plans in a previous post. In an effort to put a dent in my stash, I have assigned myself projects for each month: one hat, a scarf or a shawl, a pair of socks, and one glove/mitten/wristwarmer (or pair, depending on the size/intricacy of the project in question). I think it's manageable, particularly since I knit in class a lot because it helps me focus (that reminds me; I should probably e-mail my professors about that). I've never been formally diagnosed, but all available evidence strongly indicates that I have inattentive-type ADHD. I've never gotten tested because I don't need medication to manage it and have never required special accommodations in school other than professors allowing me to knit in class.

I'm fairly confident that all of these goals are manageable. Now, to stop writing and start reading/knitting/exercising!

1 comment:

  1. Love the plan! I find scheduling makes it so much easier to keep up. Excited to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete