Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions: 2012 Edition

It's that time of the year again! Here's what I'm hoping to do next year.

  1. Continue to rock the grad school thing.
  2. Learn more Spanish.
  3. Not allow grad school to interfere with the timely updating of this blog.
  4. Keep up the good work on the running/exercising front. 
  5. Read at least one book a week, and participate in a few challenges (more on that tomorrow).
  6. Listen to more audiobooks, since it's looking like I'll continue to log a fair amount of time driving to Cullowhee and back.
  7. KNIT EVERYTHING. Seriously. My stash needs an intervention, and I am Not Allowed to buy any more yarn until I put a sizable dent in it. To that end, I have organized most of it into monthly tote bags that have assigned knitting projects. Each month, I will (attempt to) knit a hat, a scarf or shawl, a pair of socks, and a mitten/glove/wristwarmer. 
  8. Make better choices where interpersonal relationships are concerned. 
If last night is indicative of anything, 2012 is going to be awesome. I went to a party at LAB with my best friend from elementary school and her little sister. We talked, we drank, we danced, and at midnight, I crossed an item off of my bucket list: I kissed a stranger on New Year's Eve. Two, actually. 

You know it was a fun night when your shoes are crusted in dried beer and champagne the following morning. 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! hee hee sounds like a fantastic NYE. Also, love your plans. My roomie and I have a challenge going where I have to read my old books and she has to knit her old yarn. You're welcome to join if you'd like ;)

    ReplyDelete