Friday, May 11, 2012

FO Friday: A Clockwork Scarf

I actually finished this a few weeks ago, but haven't really had the chance to post pictures of it.

Pattern: Clockwork by Stephen West (Westknits)
Yarn: Malabrigo sock in "eggplant" and "archangel" colorways.
Needle: US #4
Notes: I only used about half of the archangel and two-thirds of the eggplant. This scarf definitely doesn't use as much yarn as the pattern recommends.

I'd been lamenting that I wouldn't be able to wear it until it got cold again, but I  got a chance to on Wednesday. It poured all day long, making it pretty chilly that night. As I had a (what turned out to be a non-hot) date and didn't want to drag my jackets and sweaters out of their storage box, I decided to bring it along. It was the best choice I made all day; not only was it cute, it was surprisingly warm for how thin and narrow it is.

Also, you can see my shiny new haircut. :)

Lastly, here's a picture of the scarf all stretched out:

No comments:

Post a Comment