Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WiP Wednesday: A Baby Blanket for Andi

Keeping your sanity in grad school isn't always easy. I consider myself very fortunate to have a number of hilarious classmates who keep me entertained and my head (more or less) together through the darkest, most boring of lectures. We pass notes, surreptitiously text, and try to quote gangsta rap when we answer the professor's questions without them noticing, among many other excellent (and totally juvenile) boredom-reducing endeavors.

One of us got knocked up earlier this year, and I decided to make her a blanket for the baby. Sort of a "Thanks for being such an awesome classmate, sorry you're due at the beginning of the semester" present. I'm exactly two-thirds of the way done:


Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it early next week and get it blocked. While I'm really liking the project, it's too freaking hot to be working on a 100% wool, worsted weight baby blanket, even in air-conditioned buildings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment