Monday, May 7, 2012

Slowly rising to the surface.

Since my second semester and first year of graduate school ended on April 30th, I've spent a lot of time decompressing. As I've discussed elsewhere, going back to school has proven a lot heavier than I intended, both in terms of how the coursework has impacted my headspace as well as a series of interpersonal curveballs that life has thrown at me. On the one hand, I am incredibly, deliriously happy with the direction my life has taken. On the other, I am equally exhausted, stressed out, and anxious because so much is still up in the air.

It shows. I have dark circles under my eyes that are big enough to own property, my face is more broken out than it ever was when I was a teenager, and I haven't updated this blog in forever.

Hopefully, all of those things will change sometime in the near future. Now that I'm (temporarily) less stressed out and getting enough sleep, I'll start to look human again, and much of my summer free time will be spent updating this blog in a timelier fashion. My primary goals on that front are to 1) get caught up with the Feminist Classics Challenge for this year and 2) write up enough book reviews to last until xmas break. I'm also going to be shifting the focus of this blog somewhat, as I'd like to write a little more about my day-to-day life, the things I'm doing, and what I'm interested in beyond knitting, sewing, and reading.

I have more rambling to do, but I have a hot date this evening and need to get ready for that. Apparently, leaving the house in a towel with wet hair and without a lick of makeup on is frowned upon by most of society.

One last thing: I officially pulled a 4.0 for the semester. Because I'm awesome. Go me!

1 comment: