Thursday, December 30, 2010

This is why we can't have nice things.

Cats are assholes.

I am telling myself that this is for the best. Much as I loved my mittens, the yarn was not a good choice. It wasn't plied very tightly, the texture was uneven, and it was fuzzing and pilling all to hell as I was knitting with it. They probably wouldn't have lasted long even if the kittens hadn't destroyed one of them.

Or so I keep telling myself.

Luckily for the cats, I already have a quantity of black Cascade 220 in my possession (which is a much better yarn choice for the project in the first place: tightly plied and quite sturdy), so all I need to re-knit the mittens is a $6 skein of lime green 220. That should be gotten easily enough, and I needed to go to the yarn store anyway. I am chronically bad at underestimating how much yarn I'll need for a given product, and need to pick up another skein of some Noro before they run out of that dyelot.

I'm still pissed at the cats, though. It's a good thing they're cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment